Is breakfast becoming boring? Make your morning meals more exciting with these coconut pancake syrup recipe. These easy and quick to make pancake syrup will surely transform a simple pancake experience to an unforgettable one!
Coconut Pancake Syrup Recipe
If you do not have coconut syrup in your pantry, you can easily buy a bottle. Its continuous exponential growth in demand in the global market has made sure of that. You can either shop online or drop by at any local food store to find one.
However, if you do not want to buy one, we are giving you the option to make your own homemade coconut pancake syrup. How cool is that? And do not worry! It is extremely easy to whip one yourself. For a starter, it only needs three ingredients!
Here is what you need:
- 2/3 cup condensed milk (sweetened)
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup coconut flakes
There are a few instructions involve; however, the results will be worth every step. Here are what you need to do:
- Preheat the pan on medium heat.
- Add the coconut flakes and make sure to spread the flakes evenly. To toast the coconut flakes evenly, stir it evenly until it turns into golden brown.
- In a sauce pot, combine the condensed milk and cream of coconut. Stir well.
- Add the toasted coconut flakes into the pot and stir.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat. Continually stir and cook for fifteen minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Transfer the mixture into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
And there you have it! Your own homemade coconut pancake syrup.
Banana Pancakes with Coconut Syrup
Pancakes usually go with maple syrup. However, this notion will change when you taste coconut syrup with a pile of banana pancakes! Topped with sliced bananas, chopped macadamia nuts, toasted coconut flakes, and coconut syrup, this pancake recipe will surely bring your taste buds into paradise. Transform a lifeless pancake into a mouthwatering experience with this recipe.
Preparation and cook time: 20–30 minutes
Serving: 10–12 pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 mashed bananas
- ½ cup sliced bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix together. Batter until the mixture becomes slightly lumpy.
- Grease the griddle with butter and heat on medium heat.
- Cook the pancakes until the sides are golden brown. Make sure not flatten with spatula when flipping.
- Serve the pancakes by topping it with coconut syrup, sliced bananas, and toasted coconut flakes.